Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Living with intention in 2015

After several years of being an active blog reader, I'm finally taking the plunge into being an actual blogger. For some reason I finally feel the time is right to embark on this journey. 2015 has a pretty good ring to it, and living with intention this year could not be more fitting. 

For one, I'll be turning 30 this year. It seems like a scary thing to leave behind my 20's. They (and I mean the ever changing "20's") have certainly been a full blown learning experience in life, work, and relationships. I've been reflecting a lot on how I want to end my 20's, and it dawned on me that I've been sort of floating through my 20's. You know how that goes, right? Days pass, routines set in, and before you know it you're just haphazardly crossing things off your list without ever touching the ground. I want to spend my last year before I turn 30 with intention. With my feet on the ground. Stopping to reflect. Learning who I am today, not who I was yesterday. Who will I be in my 30's? Where am I going? What do I want out of this life? Those are all very elusive I'm aware, but I'm ready to tackle these questions that have been lingering around in my 20's!

Another reason that I'm looking forward to living with intention in 2015 is because I'm getting married! It's crazy to think that this time next year I'll be a wife. As cliche as it sounds I met the man of my dreams 2 years ago. Sometimes when your prayers are answered it's hard to comprehend that they've actually been heard, and God really delivered this time. I could not have hand picked a better man to spend my life with, and I'm truly excited to exchange vows on Oct 17th. I want to be present this year and remember all of these details and celebrations that will be coming our way. 

I'm sure some of you are thinking what does between the oaks really mean. Well, I live in the City of Oaks and between the chaos I'm here somewhere in between. I'm looking forward to using this blog as a creative outlet from everyday life. I want to use this space as a continuous reminder that I should be living intentionally and with purpose.

If you're still reading, thank you! But I know what you're really thinking.... where are the pictures! Me too! So, I'll leave you with a few of my favorite things.

My favorite fall pastime - NC State football
The most beautiful sunset the day after Mr. B proposed
Being an aunt to my tiniest favorite people
Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment