Friday, April 3, 2015

Five on Friday!

Happy Friday everyone! It's really starting to feel a lot like spring here in NC, and I can't be more excited! I have spring and summer fever. I can't wait for long, hot days ahead, but before all that happens here's what's been on my mind this week.

::one::
As previously mentioned we've been waiting to hear where my besties would be moving to, and the answer is.... Buffalo, NY! I'm pretty sure I can get used to snowy travels to the north. I've already added airline tickets as a line item on our budget! The pro - my sister and I love a layer and we work a scarf. The con - I have yet to find the best lighting for FaceTime and I usually end up looking like I have a case of jaundice. It's a work in progress!

Luckily for me this move doesn't happen before their sweet family makes a pit stop with Mr. B and I for several weeks this summer. We have a long list of things to accomplish during their stay!  I foresee lots of grilling, laughs, and if I'm lucky lots of these in my future!

Besties
::two::
We recently spent several days cruisin' the Caribbean, and it was tons of fun! The only bad thing is now I want to be on a permanent vacation.  I definitely went through a stage where I told anyone that would listen that I'd never go on a cruise again, but this trip has put me back on the map. I'm ready to book another!

A couple of my favorites from our trip...





::three::
I recently made the recipe below for dinner, and it was so easy and quick. I served it over Martha Stewart's Cilantro Lime Rice, and it was the perfect weekday meal. A note - I used Harris Teeter's Roasted Cantina Style Salsa. Highly recommend! 

Creamy Salsa Chicken Tenders
::four::
Mr. B and I are quickly approaching the 6 month mark until the big day! We have so many fun things planned, and I can't wait for all of the festivities to begin. The first on the docket... our engagement pictures! We've decided to have them done at our alma mater (Go Wolfpack!) and the nearby arboretum. Hopefully everything will be in bloom and the sun will be shining just for us. Now on to figuring out what to wear...

::five::
Since it's getting warmer out, I'm ready for my favorite beer to hit the scenes again. I barely scratched the surface on this before its season was over last summer. I will most definitely be indulging on this all summer long!

Fullsteam Brewery Summer Basil Farmhouse Ale

TGIF... Enjoy your weekend!

If you want in on the fun, join ChristinaAprilDarci, and Natasha  every Friday!


No comments:

Post a Comment