Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Why Whole 30?

It's a good question, right? Why restrict myself from that amazing homemade lasagna that I've raved about 300 times and that crisp Blue Moon on a beautiful sunny day along with my fave coffee ice cream to top off an otherwise fantastic weekend?

Let me count thy ways...
heartburn, lack of sleep, dull sunken skin, sluggish, moody, acid reflux... to name a few.

Eating whole nutritious foods shouldn't make your heart feel like it's going to beat out of your chest or swing your moods high and low without sending a notice! Whole foods shouldn't send your blood sugars into the depths of the lands waiting for you to respond by sweating full bullets and crashing down to the floor because your knees gave out just before you were going to stuff your face with a giant sub to calm you down and get back to equilibrium. None of that sounds normal right? No, unless you're eating a truly American diet. Which we are! They don't call it the afternoon lunch slump for nothing! And on top of the physical issues, I swear by Whole 30 because I don't believe there is another diet out there where a clear mind is a result. Thinking clearly alone is reason enough to rid yourself of the processed toxins.

So, we're in 2 full days and I can already tell a difference in my sleep and inflammation. I tell ya it's magic! Rid yourself of the processed sugars, sulfites and junk and you will sleep like a precious little baby. 100% guaranteed. No need for a warranty. 

What is your why? Maybe it isn't the Whole 30, but what gets you up in the morning knowing that you're feeding your body the way it's always needed?

2 comments:

  1. I did W30 back in June 2016 and it helped identify that I was in fact lactose intolerant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it amazing what we discover doing W30!

      Delete