Thursday, August 22, 2019

The "Work"


Recently when Toni Morrison, the novelist, passed the image above went viral on my Instagram and let. me. tell you. I needed to see it. I feel like I've always struggled with loving my "life" and loving my "work" equally. And, yes some will say it's because I haven't found what I'm truly meant to be doing to earn money. But, then I argue... are we only here to do things to earn money? Aren't we more than that? I always say I really just want to go to work so I can go back home and be with my family, be a mother, be a friend, a wife, a sister, a daughter. Maybe I need a change in mentality, but it's hard when you're already a part of the hamster wheel to jump off of that. Now, yes, I did jump off the wheel in 2016 for 2 years and it wasn't easy. Now that I'm 2 years older (ha, ha) and charged with the knowledge and experience of that jump I'm a little more hesitant to do so. Ya know... adult things... insurance, 401k, employee stock, blah, blah, blah. All the things that matter and make the world turn. BUT, what are we here on this planet to really do? Should we punch the clock and find amazing extracurriculars? Or strive to turn those extras into a full time line of work? What are YOU doing everyday to make life enjoyable outside of the 9-5?

No comments:

Post a Comment