Thursday, February 12, 2015

Purpose

I've been thinking a lot about our purpose lately. It may have to do with the fact that Mr. B and I will be attending a funeral later this weekend. But my thoughts have been surrounded by what we're really here on Earth to be doing? I ask myself that question everyday while I'm at my cube sitting in front of a computer. Are we living the life, loving the life and using the life we were given? My largest fault (or best quality...) is that I have a constant internal struggle between being a total dreamer and being a realist. 



There's so much that surrounds our everyday that is seemingly insignificant. iThis, iThat, tweet me, tweet you.  It has in turn successfully brought us into 2015 just like the Jetson's. But, my question is do we really need all of that? Is it bringing us closer to successfully living the life God put us here to accomplish? I'm sure there's an argument or a lecture about that somewhere, but I wholeheartedly believe that answer is no. Our tweets and excel formulas and water cooler convos aren't going to follow us to the grave. The only things, tangible or not, are those that have brought us closer to our life's purpose.

So, I ask what have you been put here to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment