Friday, January 23, 2015

Five on Friday!

::one::

This weekend Mr. B and I are traveling to the beach to visit our wedding venue. I can't wait to see it again. Plus, we'll be meeting with the baker and hopefully trying some cake!

::two::
We are officially only 1 episode away from the series finale of Parenthood. I have been a faithful viewer from [almost] the beginning. It is by far, leaps and bounds, one of the best shows on television to date. I love the song in the opening credits, and I wish I was a Braverman.  I'm sure it's already on Netflix, so if you haven't given this show a shot now's your chance!



::three::
For Christmas I was gifted Ina Garten's new cookbook, Make It Ahead. So far it has not disappointed! The other night I made the Herbed Pork Tenderloin and it was amazing! I served it with Mashed Garlic Sweet Potatoes and roasted asparagus.  This will definitely be put on the rotation.

Herbed pork tenderloins
Serves: 6 to 8
  • 2 pork tenderloins (2½ to 3 pounds total)
  • 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary leaves
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
  • Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • Good olive oil
  • 10 to 12 slices prosciutto
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the tenderloins on a sheet pan and pat them dry with paper towels. Combine the rosemary, thyme, 1 tablespoon salt, and 1 teaspoon pepper in a small bowl. Rub the tenderloins all over with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Sprinkle all sides with the herb mixture. If there is a thinner "tail," fold it underneath so the tenderloin is an even thickness throughout. Wrap the tenderloins completely with a single layer of prosciutto. Tie in several places with kitchen string to hold the prosciutto and the "tail" in place. Roast for 20 to 25 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the middle of the end of the tenderloin reads 140 degrees for medium rare and 145 degrees for medium.* Cover the tenderloins tightly with aluminum foil and allow to rest at room temperature for 15 minutes. Slice diagonally in thick slices and serve warm with the Apple Chutney.
Note: Pork can be cooked medium rare because there is no longer a concern about trichinosis. Overcooked pork will be dry and flavorless.

MAKE IT AHEAD: Assemble the pork completely, wrap tightly, and refrigerate for up to 24 hours. Roast before serving.

*I ended up roasting my tenderloin for 30 minutes until it reached 145 degrees.

::four::
I have finally joined 2015 and am embarking on the world of curling irons. I know the absolute ridiculousness of this, but this is real people! I figured since I'm diligently trying to grow my hair out for the wedding I should learn to style it when it's long. I bought a 1.5-inch, so if you have any favorite videos or tutorials send them my way!! And on that note, long story short I was given prenatal gummies (for my hair....), and they are seriously like candy! So good, they should probably be tracked in MyFitnessPal for calorie in take....

::five::

These girls. The group text started early this morning, and I loved it. This group has been through marriages, babies, moves, late nights (and sadly some short too), lots of laughs, and tons of stories. They are a constant source of inspiration, motivation, and I'm amazed by them over and over again. Everyone needs people like them in their life!



If you want in on the fun, join Christina, April, Darci, and Natasha  every Friday!

until next time... TGIF!

No comments:

Post a Comment