Wednesday, May 13, 2015

The Low Down

The short of the long for today...

1. I had just pulled out of our neighborhood heading to work this morning feeling fabulous in a pair of skinny black pants and wedges when I noticed a hole in the side of my pants. I sat there debating all the alternatives and decided that turning around and going back home was the best option compared to my pants splitting down the leg in the cafe at work. So, back home it was and since I was home I changed my entire outfit. Go figure.

2. Today marks my first day of a 2 week free trial of ClassPass. Have ya'll heard of this? It sounds pretty cool. It's basically 1 pass for unlimited fitness classes at participating gyms in your area. The only catch is you can't go to the same gym 3 times in a month. I think that might be tough, but I'm going to see how the next 2 weeks go. Maybe I'll find a new favorite gym!

3. As mentioned previously, I have some exciting work news. I've accepted a new position at work and will be officially starting next Monday. Wooohooo! This opportunity couldn't have come at a better time, and I can't wait to get started!

4. Lastly, our lil' urban garden is growing in leaps and bounds. Last week I decided to use our basil (which looks award winning by the way!) to make a quick sauce to go over chicken. It's definitely in the pesto family.

This has been adapted from Giada:
1 cup fresh basil
2-3 garlic cloves
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
Blend it all together and gradually add in 1/3 cup olive oil

Use it on everything! It's lemony and basily (not a word, but ok) and delicious!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment