Friday, December 4, 2015

Friday Fun!

Happy Friday, ya'll! I hope everyone has finally come out of their turkey coma. I'm here again with some Friday Fun! 

I'm linking up with oh hey Friday and Five on Friday today!






one | Christmas Cookies
Every year my mother, sister and I do a huge cookie bake. We usually stick to the family favorites, but once in awhile we need something new and fun. This year will be different since we're geographically spread all over the place, but I came across these delicious sounding cookies and had to share!


Mocha Coconut Crinkles


Peppermint Pattie Cookies

two | Instagram Love
As I mentioned, on our way back from Buffalo I spent most of my time listening to Fantasy Football XM Radio which really means I spent all day on Instagram. If you're looking for new inspiration on your Instagram feed, I came across two great accounts to follow: Hugs and Punches and Intentionally Designed . Run on over and take a look! Be sure to check out Hugs and Punches adoption story, it's truly amazing!

three | Minted
Christmas cards have been ordered! As much as I hate not going old school with a real deal card and handwritten note, I couldn't pass up the chance to use our wedding photos for our first Christmas card. Yes, I know it's completely cliche, but I can't resist Minted and all it's shimmery, glittery fun!

four | So What If...
  • We haven't decorated for Christmas yet... 4 days in which means I'll be keeping our tree and lights out 4 days into 2016
  • The green bean casserole, which is the holy grail of Thanksgiving, was pretty much ice cold. I mean legit cold.
  • Am I the only one that walks around without the little rubber piece on the bottom of their heels?! You can hear me coming from a mile away. I'll find a shoe cobbler one day. And if you find that rubber piece, give it back :)

five | Follow Me!
Have you enjoyed reading Between the Oaks? Are you following me? Keep up with new posts by following me on Bloglovin' or get new posts straight to your inbox. Don't miss out!

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

  1. I'm a new follower as of this week, and loving it! I've been subjected to the Fantasy Football radio as well, before, which is also when I do my Instagram catching up haha. Thanks for the ideas for new ones to follow! Those cookies look delicious--what a fun tradition you guys have!
    Hope you have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the follow, Jenn! Have a great weekend :)

      Delete
  2. Visiting from the link up! Those mocha cookies look and sound delicious! I like the classic Christmas cookies but I'd be willing to look outside the classic cookie mix for one of those!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from the link up and am a new follower as well! I love the cookie traditions, and these cookies look absolutely Yummy!

    Love the post! Can't wait to read more!

    Bekah.

    ReplyDelete