Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Office Space

Like most people who work in an office we can all agree that Office Space was way more hilariously accurate than we can even give it credit for. As I'm writing this now I'm sitting with a very unfashionable headset on in a cube listening to "work arounds" and "regroups" and acronyms that mean nothing outside of these four walls. I'm thankful to be inside from this summer heat wave we're experiencing in NC, but the self tanner that I was forced to apply this morning from lack of sun is permeating. It's only a matter of time until one of my cube mates tells me the smell has set off their allergies (true story). 

As the 30 year mark continues to close in (only 4 months away), I have a nagging feeling that there is nothing natural, sexy or intentional about spending your days locked up at a cube...670F to be specific. If I had to tell my younger self one thing it would be to pay attention to your Myers Briggs! Follow what makes you tick and what really feeds your soul. If I had paid closer attention to what really feeds my personality way back when I probably wouldn't be faced with this meltdown at almost 30. "Meltdown" is clearly intense and dramatic, but I'm trying to refocus my efforts back to being intentional and thoughtful and aligned with why this blog was originally created. This year has been a year of growth and change, and I'm stretching and reaching to finish it out with even more of both.

My conference call has ended, and we've concluded we'll need another regroup... but I'll leave you with this little token.



No comments:

Post a Comment