Tuesday, November 3, 2015

A hotel bag & a salad for the win

Blogging two days in a row is a record around here, so thank you again for stopping by! Now that we're officially in November we can start a whole new countdown... 24 days until my (our - gotta include the twinsie) 30th birthday! Mr. B and I will be traveling to Buffalo, NY for Thanksgiving and birthday celebrations. I couldn't stand the thought of starting my 30's without my partner in crime, and I'm so excited to make the trip. I'm secretly hoping for a white, snowy birthday! Let the countdown begin!

Turning 29 + our dirty martini tradition

We recently got our wedding pictures from our amazing photographers, and I couldn't be happier. I was totally prepared to wait months to receive our pictures like so many people do. I was so surprised to receive them in the time that we did! They really captured the love and caught every little detail. One of the details from our wedding that they captured and one that I really enjoyed planning was the hotel bag. I don't know why!? You know when you show up to an out of town wedding excited and ready to party, and you get hit in the face with a bag full of old Costco crackers? Not exactly my cup of tea. I really wanted our guests to arrive after traveling to something at least fun and appetizing. There is a hole in the wedding industry for curating good, appetizing, fun and unique hotel bags. Not saying this is the prototype for what is my imaginary swag bag business, but I loved how they turned out! We included champagne (of course!), sparkling water, personalized cups, chocolate covered pretzels, Ginny O Cheese Straws, and Jack'snak


Now that Mr. B and I are back and I no longer have an excuse for not making dinner I've been in the kitchen whipping up some pretty good recipes. One of the best so far is very simple, but will become a staple. My version of a classic Italian restaurant style salad.  Crisp and delicious! 

Mrs. B's Italian Salad
Serves 2-4
1/2 head iceberg lettuce, chopped
1 cucumber, sliced then cut in half
1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
handful of cherry tomatoes, quartered
8-10 pepperoncini, sliced 
feta cheese
italian seasoning
red wine vinegar
dressing of choice (Italian, olive oil, balsamic)

Chop iceberg lettuce and place in bowl. Layer cucumbers, red onion, tomatoes, pepperoncinis, and feta cheese. Sprinkle layer with good amount of Italian seasoning and several dashes of red wine vinegar. Repeat layer. When ready to serve toss together. Dress with favorite Italian dressing, olive oil or balsamic vinegar or eat as is!

Until next time, happy Tuesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment