Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Mr Blue Eyes Turns 1!

I can hardly believe that 365 days ago we welcomed our first child into this world. He has brought so much love into our lives that I never thought imaginable. Being his mother has been one of the greatest and hardest jobs I've had the privlege of undertaking and I feel so blessed that he chose me. 

He was only a month when I wrote this, and it still remains true today... 
As with every new mother, there are so many things I want for our sweet boy. I want him to always know the feeling of being loved. Learn to give and receive it. Always see the good in people. Learn to love life's quiet moments. Love the beach. Love the mountains. Find what makes his heart tick. Never miss a sunset. Catch a few sunrises. See beauty in the simple. Explore. Learn. Develop. Never give up on his innocence. And as the quote says: "Respond to every call that excites your spirit".

George, 
You are the light of our lives and bring so much happiness to our hearts. Your smile is contagious and your deep blue eyes are a window into your tender soul. I know you are going to do beautiful things in the years to come and I thank god I'm lucky enough to have a front row seat as your mother. 
Happiest of birthdays sweet pea!
xoxo,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment