Monday, March 5, 2018

Whole 30 Round 2 - Week 1

Yes, you read that right! Mr. B and I have started our 2nd round of Whole 30 and thank goodness. We were both in need of a reset and the timing is perfect. Today is day 1 and my personal goal is 60 days, but we'll see. Ideally, I see that as a strict Whole 30 for the first half and then a mash up of Whole 30 and Food Freedom the second half straight into the summer months. Here's to hoping it works out that way!

So, what's on the menu this week? And like last time, this is really for my benefit because typing it out makes me accountable for sticking with it. So, thank you to my 2 readers for the accountability group - haha!

Breakfast | Frittatas for Mr. B (quick and easy for on the go) and hard boiled eggs with Franks Red Hot Original and Pederson's compliant bacon for me. I owe my sister for my new obsession with eggs and hot sauce. Go ahead and awake your senses first thing in the morning - you won't regret it!

Coffee | about the only thing that stuck from our first Whole 30 is our Silk Unsweetened Almond Milk. And trust me, this was a big deal for Mr. B! He was a huuuge french vanilla creamer lover to the end, so yay for him!

Dishes | the following will be used for dinner and leftovers for lunch: 
Lemon Garlic Herb Baked Salmon with Roasted Brussel Sprouts
Buffalo Turkey Meatballs with Tessemae's Ranch and Roasted Broccoli
Chicken Tenderloins, Roasted Fennel, Apple, Sweet Potato Sheet Pan Dinner
Egg Roll in a Bowl - duh! a family fave!
Grilled Pork Chops with Tessemae's BBQ Sauce and Roasted Asparagus
Grilled Burgers with Marinated Onions and Parsnip Fries

Extras | Other items in our fridge to keep us on track: celery, raisins, almond butter, bananas, apple slices, baby carrots

So, nothing crazy on our menu this week and for good reason. I want us to be just as successful this time around as we were last time. I already felt overwhelemed with coming up with a menu so I kept it on the straight and narrow while we're getting back into the swing of things.

Is anyone else doing a Whole 30 or just completed one? Let me know down below!

Cheers to feeling great on the INSIDE!

No comments:

Post a Comment