Thursday, January 22, 2015

/ant/ or /änt/

.... Otherwise known as aunt. 

As I reflect back on the last several years in preparation for all I want to accomplish in 2015, I would be remiss not to mention that I became an aunt to 2 little sweet peas. As seen here in all their cuteness. Only 2 years a part, I hope these two will be the best of friends. I never thought being an aunt would truly bring me so much joy, and I hope I've brought that same joy to my own. It's the combination of zero responsibilities and parenthood practice that makes being an aunt 100% the best job. It's having a front row seat to all the joys of having a lil munchkin while still remaining cool, calm and collected. And did I mention well rested?


In all seriousness, there is something special about seeing the members of your family transform into another level of themselves. Mothers, fathers, grandparents and even great grandparents.  You start to see layers of your family that you never knew existed. Strength, abundant love, parental instinct. Seeing your closest beings care for their own children is truly amazing. 

As time moves along, I've always been someone to step back and acknowledge when chapters start and end in your book of life. There's a part of me that likes to recognize and reflect when special things are happening around me.  The images of seeing my grandmother hold her first great grandchild will forever be carved into my memory. Sometimes we forget that our life and our family story is happening right now as we speak. The memories, the stories, the changes... it's all happening. Now.

So, I have 3 wishes for my littlest friends... all the love, enthusiasm, and happiness that life has to offer. Plus, I hope and wish my niece will not inherit her mother's love for spaghetti (she'll thank us later).

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment