Monday, November 6, 2017

Weekending


Happy Monday everyone! I'm just getting my week started with a cozy cup of hot joe. Actually it started at 5:45am when my littlest friend decided it was time to wake up! How was your weekend friends? Did you make the most of Daylight Savings?? We mostly had a low key weekend with a special ending. Friday basically consisted of falling alseep on the couch while watching reruns of Modern Family which if you really want to know is my most favorite way to spend a Friday evening. Saturday morning we visited our favorite coffee shop which we hadn't done while doing our Whole 30. It was nice to have a family coffee run! The rest of Saturday was spent in the kitchen for me and watching football for Mr. B. I was busy whipping up yummy foods for our sweet George's Dedication which happened Sunday at Mr. B's hometown church. It was so special to do it there and I know Mr. B was so proud! I'd say George did pretty good, but it was definitely a struggle to keep him quiet the whole service!



And because you know I love a good menu here's what we had for lunch...
Chicken Salad - the only chicken salad recipe you need!
Ham Rolls
Mixed Green Salad - Strawberries, Blue Cheese, Spiced Pecans, Balsamic Vinaigrette
Deviled Eggs
Vivian Howard's Cheese Ball - a must holiday appetizer!!
Carrot Cake - another amazing recipe!

Chicken Salad from Cook's Illustrated Cookbook
2 - 3 pounds chicken, shredded or chopped
2 celery stalks, diced
2 scallions, diced
2 tablespoons parsley
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 cup mayo
Mix it all up and enjoy! Add more mayo and lemon juice as needed.

A beautiful ending to a special day for our family

No comments:

Post a Comment